Tuesday, January 17, 2006

July 1999 - I flunked in Math!!

I cannot ever forget this experience. I was in the twelfth standard and was quite serious about studies and attending tuition classes all around. The Mid-term exams had just got over at school and the teachers had started distributing the answersheets.

And for the first-time ever in my schooling history, i had flunked. And rubbing salt to my wounds was the fact that the headmaster had asked our parents to come and meet him.
That was the worst day of my life. I didnt speak with my close friends for a day and didnt tell my parents either. Then, the next day, one of my classmates, Andrew, came by car and guess what, his driver spoke good english.

Then an idea struck me....

When the driver came to pick up Andrew in the evening, I explained the situation to him clearly. He accepted and off we went to the Headmaster's room. And the driver took over from there.

He said "Headmaster, I am chandru's brother..Our parents have gone out of station. So i have come here on their behalf...Chandru is a really good student and will do well in the next exam".

I was stunned....this guy spoke more than what i had on my mind. Then the headmaster marked something on his records and said..."You may leave now...."

Yippee...problem solved...

Then, one of my friends, David Jayan arrived....He was surrounded by a gang and was in an animated conversation. I heard him saying "Andrew's driver speaks good english da...I will take him along with me to see the Headmaster".

LMFAO........I went straight to him and said "I've already done that!!!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ada paavi! onna nalla payyan-nu nenachen... ivlo thillu mullu panni irukkiya nee? I'm proud of you my boy :D

- Karthik.