Thursday, January 19, 2006

In the Spotlight

Just two days before the second test match, Sourav, Rahul and Greg are having a heated discussion. The cameraman who caught them in an animated discussion before the first test match @ Lahore follows them wherever they go.


Saurav: I will go in first this time.
Rahul: I will go in this time.
Saurav:
Rahul, you went in first last time.
Rahul:
Doesn't matter....I am the captain and I get to decide.
Greg:
I have tremendous respect for both of you. Now stop fighting like kids over here. I wish to continue with the policy of experimentation.
Rahul: Greg, I agree with you on that.
Saurav starts showing some gestures with his hand...

The cameraman is relishing this footage and is all ears over this conversation.


Saurav: Once I go in there, I may be a slow starter. But I make fast progress!!
Rahul: Saurav, I know you more than what Greg knows about you. People in India have been making fun of how soon you come back to the dressing room.
Greg: All right guys, enough of this conversation. As long as the processes are there, the rest will fall into place automatically.

After saying this, they all leave the place.

That evening at the press conference, the journalist who has the footage asks some questions.
Journalist: Why were you having such a heated discussion?
Greg: How do you know that we were having a heated discussion?
Journalist: I have proof that you were in a heated discussion....now please tell us....
Weren't you asking Sourav to open the innings in Faisalabad?
Greg shows the middle finger to the media persons
Greg: I really mean it this time!!!
See, no injuries on the finger!!!
Greg: I don't really understand what your business really is in the team's bathroom!!

Greg:
We were talking about who should go inside the bathroom next, you morons....not about who is going to open the innings at Faisalabad.

1 comment:

c2c said...

hilarious!!! good twist in the end...