Tuesday, July 04, 2006

2 Years

It’s been 2 years since I’ve finished college and joined work…and I’m going to be a student again!!
This is a reflection of how the last 2 years have been in my life!

T’ was 2004 and I was fresh out of college
Armed with all but little knowledge!! :D
Campus interviews came and went
But no one would let me hold tent
Wipro, Infy et al were on the list
But only Cognizant was willing to give me a tryst
The interview didn’t go all that well…
But I got selected… swell!!!

I was destined to work on mainframes
But to work on them, I needed more brains!!
Lady luck made me work on an AS/400
Fortunately, my managers didn’t ask me to score a hundred!
3M was the client I worked for
And relations with my colleagues never did turn sour
I made friends thick and fast
And at parties, I always had a blast!

Work was sometimes easy and sometimes difficult
But I learnt to ride them both like wearing a belt
There were times when my morale was pretty low
I thought my career had been dealt a severe blow
But it was just one of those days…

A year had passed and appraisal time it was
And I had to fight for my cause
I had a meeting with my manager
Fortunately, he did not become my Damager!!
Cricket practice was on every weekend
And I got introduced to lots of managers at every bend…

The time had come for me to study
I had to become hardy…
I set my goals on reaching IIIT Bangalore
And with everyone’s blessings… I did!!

3 comments:

c2c said...

A pathetic attempt at poetry, but very funny nevertheless :) I'm really happy for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy Bangalore and staying away from home for the first time in your life. Do remember to have some fun too in the midst of your cramming... or should I be advising you the other way around?

Anonymous said...

Machi, Wish you good luck with your studies and wish you go around college with the same charm.

musafir said...

cool! I like :D

Go Chandru!