Friday, August 11, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I've returned home for a short vacation...till the 15th of August..
Yesterday I had to rush to the station with my friends and got a good taste of Bangalore's horrible traffic...The railway station is around 35 km. away from where I study. I caught the bus at 7:30 pm. Under normal circumstances, it would have taken me an hour to reach the station, but I reached the station at 10 pm. Fortunately, my train was only at 11:45 pm. But still....

Some of my observations...

1. Driving sense gets an absolute zero...sometimes goes into negative values as well... Not that other cities in India have a driving sense....but still these people never use that something called a common sense.

2. All people drive on all sides of the roads...buses on all roads in India, except Bangalore, are supposed to keep to the left or rather drive on the left side of the road...
Here 's the base rule...In all other parts of India, people drive on the left side of the remaining road, but in Bangalore, people drive on the remaining of what's left...

3. Bus drivers think they drive a bicycle and that they can squeeze in within the smallest of gaps. The bus driver on the other side of the road thinks he can do better...and finally both of them end up in front of each other and quarrel in the middle of the road, while the whole traffic goes around them a la Kathipara junction..

4. Every hour is busy/ rush hour....however you wish to call it

5. The horn is the most potent weapon on the road...everyone thinks honking would scare the hell out of the other person....but when all people have the same opinion, it only ends in noise pollution...

I'm not a Bangalore basher by any means....I love the place for the beautiful weather, but if only God could give the people of Garden City some common sense...

No comments: